Submit Your Wildlife Photos!
Wildlife Photo of the Day invites you to submit your best photos that capture the natural beauty of wildlife around the world. We tend to feature nature photography and travel photography of iconic wildlife such as bears, big cats, primates, and whales, but we also welcome well-crafted photography of lesser-known species (including insects!), and even pets. All photos must be original and contain some form of wildlife—mammals, fish, birds, insects, invertebrates, etc. Sorry, plants don’t count as wildlife in this instance! You need not be a professional photographer to win a spot on Wildlife Photo of the Day…we’re just looking for images that depict the beauty of the world’s biodiversity and inspire viewers to learn more about the conservation of their favorite wildlife.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Submitting photos is free – there is no charge to enter.
- You may submit as many photographs as you’d like. However, we make an effort to feature a variety of photographers, so we may not be able to feature more than one of your photographs.
- All photos must be original, meaning you may only enter photographs that you took and for which you own the copyright.
- You will keep the copyright of your submitted photos at all times, and WPOTD/Natural Habitat Adventures (NHA) will never own the copyright to your photos.
- Your name will always be credited alongside your photo or as a small overlay in the corner of your photo.
- By submitting a photo, you give WPOTD permanent, non-exclusive, royalty-free permission to display your submitted photo on the WPOTD website, on WPOTD/NHA social media accounts, and in any content associated with WPOTD.
- Photo submissions may be horizontally or vertically oriented, and should be at least 1024 pixels along the long edge.
- WPOTD reserves the right to crop photos.
- Images must not include a border. If an image includes a border, WPOTD reserves the right to crop the border.
- A subtle watermark in the corner of the image is acceptable, but WPOTD reserves the right to crop photos, which may remove a watermark.
- Digitally manipulating photos (i.e. cloning, compositing, etc.) should be kept to a minimum. Your photograph must authentically depict the setting as you saw it when you took the photograph. HDR and stitched photos are permitted.
- WPOTD reserves the right to alter photo titles and descriptions.
- Winning photographs will also be posted on WPOTD's and NHA’s social media accounts including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Google+.
- We will inform you by email if your submission has been chosen, but the best way to find out if your photo has been chosen is to check WPOTD regularly. Click here to sign up for our weekly digest, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter, as all photos will be posted there as well.
By submitting your photo to WPOTD, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions above.